Nitronic 60 Stainless Steel is an austenitic alloy, considered to have the best galling resistance of the entire range of Stainless Steels.
Characteristics of Nitronic 60 include
• High pitting resistance
• Outstanding corrosion resistance Good high temperature properties for temperatures around 982 degrees Centigrade
• Oxidation resistance
• Crevice corrosion and chloride pitting resistance is greater than Stainless Steel 316. Nitronic 60 can be formed using common forming techniques, and pre-heating is not required to weld Nitronic 60. Common welding methods such as gas metal arc, gas tungsten arc and submerged arc can be used to weld Nitronic 60. Hardening Nitronic 60 Stainless Steel calls for the alloy to be cold worked.
• Between 16 and 18 percent Chromium
• 8 to 9 percent Nickel
• 7 to 9 percent Manganese
• 3.5 to 4.5 percent Silicon
• Halance being Iron
• Trace amounts of Carbon, Sulfur, Phosphorus and Nitrogen
• Oil and gas production
• Hydroelectric power
• Food processing
• Construction and chemical sector.